Sorry, but I have to vent for a minute.
I guess I should have never told anyone about the dreaded swine flu, because people's reactions have been off-the-freaking wall in my opinion. Today people at school were telling Isaac he shouldn't be there because he is carrying the virus. Come on, people. Do you really think I would send my kids to school if they had any symptoms whatsoever? Well, they don't. And I have consulted with school officials, the school nurse, my doctor and the pediatrician and they are all in agreement that the kids are perfectly fine and able to go to school and anywhere else I choose to take them.
By the way, more people die every year from the regular flu than the swine flu. It's just another strain of the flu! If people in China hadn't started wigging out and wearing masks all the time, no one would be so freaked out about it. Literally, I feel like I might as well have announced I have leprosy. People might be more accepting of that.
Ugh.
8 comments:
People can be so silly! I'm sorry they are giving you a hard time. Maybe you should go cough on them... just kidding. :)
It is so annoying how alarmist people are being about the stupid swine flu. Good luck, and I really do hope you're feeling well soon!
While I think caution is a good thing, I do think that some people are going way overboard in freaking out about H1N1. I was at the pediatrician today for Porter's 2-week checkup and the NP actually said that I should have Maren not only wash her hands, but also CHANGE HER CLOTHES when she comes home from preschool. Seriously. I get that I have a newborn and need to keep him healthy, but we're talking about the flu here, not the bubonic plague. For crying out loud.
Heidi! Are you telling me you are so irresponsible that you actually LET Maren GO to school?! With a newborn I'm surprised you haven't enclosed your entire home in a plastic bubble. :)
Thanks for your supportive comments, guys. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.
I'm sorry that's happening. If it makes you feel better the exact same thing happened to my friend in North Carolina who has H1N1. It's too bad that people are skipping the "cautious" stage and going straight to "hysteria".
Heidi, I can't believe you are even TYPING to Lindsay with a baby of his age... you never know how else they might find that it is transmitted!! :) We have been rolling our eyes since the start of this Swine flu stuff... come on people... really?! Hang in there!
i'm just glad you're feeling better. for me i'm not so much afraid of the H1N1, but am just dreading the INEVITABLE. Like I'm just waiting and waiting because I KNOW we'll get sick, you know? I hate the dread of something bad to come...and i'm sure it will hit our house at the most inopportune time. is everyone else okay so far?
I totally agree with yo-it is soooooo blown out of proportion! Hope you're all feeling better by now. :)
Post a Comment