
Lindsay: Here we are in front of the Yellowstone River, right next to Fishing Bridge (not pictured). As we walked along the century-old bridge, Lincoln insisted on carrying his own water bottle. I had a bad feeling about that, and sure enough, he accidentally dropped it right into the river! I felt so guilty!! Especially since the kids were about to receive their "Yellowstone Junior Ranger" patches!!
Isaac: This is us getting our Junior Ranger patches at a Ranger station. It was right after Fishing Bridge. Getting my badge was a lot of hard work. I had to do a word search and some questions.Lindsay: Don't the kids look thrilled to be awarded these patches?! It actually was quite a bit of hard work for each of them, but it was a fun thing to do.

Isaac: This is us at a nature trail and that sign says "Warning: Bear Frequency Area." That is why we were acting all scared.
Lindsay: I was really excited to go on this hike to Natural Bridge, but the guide book said that at certain times of the year it was a bear feeding ground, so of course I was also terrified. I asked the ranger before we even left if it was safe, then asked everyone we passed if they had seen any bears. I tried to get the kids to sing "There was an old woman who swallowed a fly" with me, but they weren't into it. We just kept talking as loudly as we could, but I really didn't enjoy much of this hike because I was so nervous. But once again, no bears!!

Lindsay: We made it to the bottom of Natural Bridge! Do you see it above us?

Isaac: This is us right by the under of the bridge. In case you don't notice there is a little creek running under it. Can you believe that that little creek made something like that Natural Bridge so big?
Lindsay: Here we are at the top! It was really beautiful up there!
Isaac: This is just a picture of Natural Bridge without anybody on it. It is the same view as the last picture.
Lindsay: I just had to take this picture of Audrey. She got warm on the way back and this was her solution. She looks like she is ready to try roller derby.
Isaac: This is a bird when we were eating lunch. That is Chloe's hair in the corner. The thing down there looks like a fish but it is actually a bird that came and landed on Chloe's plate and smacked her sandwich down on the ground and lots of birds came to eat it. We were laughing like crazy when we saw that.
Lindsay: We had just had a picnic lunch on a hill overlooking the lake and then we walked down and played in the black sand for a while. This was one of my favorite days of our trip.

Isaac: This is us having roasted apples at our cabin.
Lindsay: These are called "Apple Pie on a Stick" and they were really tasty!
2 comments:
I'm really loving your Yellowstone trip pictures. I want to go there! I think we'll have to schedule in a few days when we go on our mandatory Utah trip next summer.
We used to live at Fishing Bridge and swam in Yellowstone Lake. This brought back so many memories. Thanks Lindsay.
Love Aunt Kris
Post a Comment