Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Old Faithful!

There she blows! Right on schedule, too. We got to see it three times while we were there.

Isaac: Old Faithful shot up really high. It was long too.
Audrey: I don't know what to say.
Chloe: This is the geyser that I saw at Yellowstone. And it stinks. And it's called Old Faithful.


Isaac: This is us eating a snack while we waited for the Old Faithful eruption. I went to a Ranger-led program called "Geysers Galore." The orange envelope I was holding has my Junior Ranger papers in it. If we finished those papers, then we would get a patch shaped like an arrowhead.
Audrey: That is us at the geysers, eating some cookies. And we are at the Ranger program, waiting and I don't know where the front of Mommy is because I see her legs and her shoes.
Chloe: This is us watching the geyser. And after that we were watching the Ranger program. It was boring.
Lindsay: Isaac shocked us and the Ranger at the Ranger-led program. He knew all the terminology and science behind geysers and their origins. He answered every single question she asked, and the program was not meant for kids! I have no idea where he came up with all of his answers! Later that day we were driving home and Ryan said something about us being in the park and Isaac said, "Actually we are not in the park, we are in the greater-Yellowstone eco-system." I don't know where he comes from!!
Isaac: This is us at our cabin. We had a lot of fun there and it was outside of Yellowstone. There was a park there, too.
Audrey: Our cabin is a special place that we have. We love our cabin, it has a swing. And we love Yellowstone, too.
Chloe: This is us taking a picture in our cabin. That's my favorite cabin. I get to sleep in the bunk bed.
Lindsay: You gotta love KOA! No kitchen, no bathrooms (in our cabin). It was all very rustic. The kids LOVED it! They thought we were just like the pioneers. On their Junior Ranger papers, the girls had to draw a picture of their favorite place in Yellowstone and they both drew a picture of the cabin and the bunk beds. :)Isaac: This is Dad and Lincoln on a night after dinner. Our towels are hanging out to dry because we had just gone to the pool next door.
Audrey: That is Daddy and Lincoln having dinner. Yay! The end.
Chloe: That's Lincoln. He is so cute. He is taking a picture with those yummy corn on the cobs.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I love the kids' commentary on the pictures; very funny stuff. Do you guys have a tripod? If not, you should get one, so you can take more full family pictures!

Anna M said...

What a fun trip!