Throughout my entire life I have had these impressive examples around me. I have had friends who have taught me to be less judgmental. I have many friends who take service and compassion and generosity to a whole new level. I have friends who are great examples of taking life less seriously and being spontaneous. I have friends who have taught me very practical life lessons and friends who have shown me what true Christ-like love is about. I have friends now going through experiences that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and they are teaching me with every thing they say and do about how to be a better person, in spite of (or because of) trials that come into each of our lives. I have some very unlikely friends who have come to mean so much to me.
My friends have taught me and been there for me through thick and thin. I am just so blessed to have such great friends. They all bring things into my life that I need to learn--none of which I have perfected yet, but I appreciate the opportunity to learn nonetheless. I love you guys!!
I had so much fun finding pictures. Of course I couldn't find one of everyone--I need to start taking more pics of my friends! Here are some of you, in no particular order. Have fun remembering...
Jenni and I, 2008
Jenni is one of the most clever (and somewhat irreverent--in a good, refreshing way) people I have ever met. She is an incredible example to me of a great mother and a great friend. I have always been impressed by her confidence and lately she has given me some insights that I will never forget.
Jenni is one of the most clever (and somewhat irreverent--in a good, refreshing way) people I have ever met. She is an incredible example to me of a great mother and a great friend. I have always been impressed by her confidence and lately she has given me some insights that I will never forget.
Rochelle, Paula, Me and Kayla 2009
What can I say?! I love these ladies for various reasons, one of which is the sheer amount of laughter and tears we have shared.
(I am the one with the amazingly cool pink bandanna scarf thingy. I know you are jealous...)
Leslie and I have known each other since we were 10 and can still talk for hours when we get the chance. She is brilliant and yet humble--a rare combo if you ask me.

AACK! Pregnancy Pictures!!
Juli, Me and Jessica, 2007
I love both the girls in this picture! Juli has such a kind heart and is so service-oriented. Jessica knows what she believes and isn't afraid to share. I still think about some of the things she and I talked about while working out together. I miss them both.
Kari, Heidi, Me and Micah, 1997
We shared so much together. Now we share blogs. I really grew up with these three.

Shelly, 2008
Really, how awful that this is the only pic I could find of my SIL, Shelly?! (I know I have more, I just can't find them!) I am so grateful for her in my life!! She is so willing to serve. I can't even begin to count the many, many times she has dropped everything in her life to be there for us. I love her so much!

Another oldie, but goodie...
Me and K., coming home from Girls' Camp, 1990
I have never had another friend that I laughed so hard with.
Heidi, Angie, Amy, Kayla and Katrina, 2008I am just surrounded by great people here! Heidi is so smart and creative and confident. Angie is another creative genius and an incredible mother. Amy puts up with a lot (my girls have an unnatural fixation with her daughter) but is always so laid back and easy going about life. Kayla is an amazing mother and also very confident. And mostly just a blast to be with!

Me and Brooke, 2007
This is one of my Brookes. She is truly one of the best, most generous and thoughtful people I have ever, ever known. I learned so much from her and I miss her!!

Me and Amy, 2008
Another SIL that has become a dear friend. I am so blessed in the family category. Amy is an incredible example to me of faith. And she is such a good, calm mother. And she is fun to be with. A complete package! :)

Tiffany and Paula, 2009
I am SO GRATEFUL for these two!! Without them I would have gone off my rocker some time ago. Tiffany is another incredible example of unconditional love and Christ-like service. She has been an angel to our family. Paula is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Not only has she taught me a lot about dealing with difficulties, but she is a firecracker and absolutely hysterical when you get her going. I love these two!!

Brooke and I, 2007
This is my other Brooke. This picture makes me sad because it is one of the last times I saw her and I can't believe it has been so long. I miss you so much, Brooke!!!! Anyway, Brooke is so much fun to be with--she is just always the life of the party. And she is probably the only friend I have ever had that would take my kids for me all day when Ryan and I had the stomach flu. I miss hanging out with her for hours on end.
Priscilla and I, 1998
We spent every waking moment together for 10 months, and still chose to be roommates after our missions until she went and got married on me. She is another friend I can talk to for hours even after not seeing her for years. We had so much fun together and worked so hard, too.

Ryan and I, 2000
Of course I had to put Ryan on here. There is no one else I tell everything to. He serves me unconditionally. I love him.

Well, this may qualify as the most cheesiest post EVER, but it was fun for me! Hope you enjoyed the awesome pictures!!

11 comments:
Oh, good h***, Lindsay! I'm still wearing maternity pants, for crying out loud! Couldn't you have worked some Photoshop magic there or something?!?!
I count my blessings everyday for friends like you. You've been a huge source of compassion and love to me in the last year. Don't know what I'd do without you!
Love your guts!
Thanks, Lindsay, for your super-cheesy post. It's been the single hardest day of my life (thus far), and it was certainly nice to be remembered. Love you!
Jenni-I wish I knew how to use photoshop. I don't particularly love that picture of me, either, but I don't know that I have any others of us together! For the record, everyone: Jenni and I had both recently given birth in the picture I posted of us!!
Heidi--I'm sorry, is everything okay??
Great post, Lindsay. You made me cry. I feel very lucky to have you as a SIL...and friend! I am blessed in the family category, as well. You're the best.
Lindsay, I love this idea and this post! What a cool idea! I'm so glad you're my friend :) Friends are the best. Oh, and I love the old school pictures...cute!
Cute, Rochelle?! You are generous. Scary is more like it.
LOL!! Look how tall and thin we are! We look just like Heidi Klum!
Lindsay, I'm honored to be included among your friends! :) Thank you for all the nice things you said about me. I'm blessed to know you!!
Lindsay, when I said "cute", I meant "oh my heck, how dorky we used to look as kids/teenagers, I can't believe I grew up during that time, CUTE"
I think one of the reasons you have so many great friends, is that you are one to all of us! It was so fun, also to get to read a little bit more about all the other people you're always talking about or referencing in your posts.
i'm honored, really i am...thanks for counting me as one of your friends :)
i too don't know what i'd do w/o you -- love ya!
Post a Comment