
We had such a fun weekend! On Sunday morning we got up bright and early and headed up to Ryan's brother's house. We went to church with them and got to meet their brand new baby, Benjamin and see him get blessed. Afterward we went back to their house and got to spend all afternoon enjoying spending time with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. The kids all played and played and played and we got to talk and talk and talk.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!! This is all the cousins in attendance except for Benjamin the new baby and Lincoln, who had just gone down for a nap.

Introducing Baby Benjamin...
Audrey held that baby every chance she got!
Evan and Lincoln enjoying their Buffalo dogs.

Rodney just can't get enough of that cookie.

Then came the real excitement...we set up tents in the backyard and camped there overnight! The kids were beyond thrilled. I think, if you have to tent-camp, then this is the way to do it. Indoor plumbing just a few yards away, no bears or other wild beasts to worry about, and a nice fluffy air mattress, of course. I haven't ever slept that well in a tent. I still didn't sleep well, but normally if I am in a tent I don't sleep at all.

On Monday morning we woke up bright and early and Ryan and I got to go running together while all the family members kept an eye on the kids. It was so fun! Then we all got ready and headed over to a near-by reservoir to spend the day swimming and fishing. It was a beautiful day and the kids really enjoyed playing in the water and collecting shells. Ryan helped Lincoln and the girls construct a huge sandcastle compound for about an hour, then Lincoln destroyed it in about 30 seconds. The kids all got to take a turn fishing, but unfortunately I don't think anyone caught anything. We went home in the late afternoon, all of us so grateful to be able to spend time with family! (Now if I can just get my family to move here!! Hint, hint Kristian and Amy!)
Evan and Justin
Ross and Isaac looking for shells

Grandpa helps Chloe fish

Uncle Mark teaches Audrey the ways of the fishing pole
Lincoln and Ryan building their sandcastles
What goes up...

Must come down...
4 comments:
What? No hints to Erin and Dave? I see how this works... :)
Erin, I didn't realize you were actively job hunting...should I start putting feelers out? :)
Well, Dave did apply to several judicial clerkships in Denver. I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Thanks for sharing the photos. What a great holiday. We wished we lived closer in Colorado too, so we could be closer to cousins.
Post a Comment