Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lincoln is growing up...



Yesterday I finally gave in and gave Lincoln a little trim. I haven't wanted to cut his beautiful blonde curls because I was afraid it would make him look too old and he is my baby. But even I had to admit the curls were getting mighty mullet-like and it was time to tame them. I think it turned out really well--and there are still plenty of curls to admire. He loved getting his hair cut--he just sat there and got upset when I was done!

In other news, he is progressing leaps and bounds since we started speech therapy about a month ago!! When we started he wasn't really saying any words at all and he knew just a few signs. He can now say Mama, Dada, Amy (the name of his speech pathologist), ball, baby, Elmo, Bob (the Builder), bird, Dizzy (from Bob the Builder), more, Isaac and a few other ones. He can sign all kinds of things as well so he is really able to communicate his needs most of the time. He is also attempting to mimic our speech which is a big step forward for him. It is so fun to watch him learn and grow. The therapy has been so helpful for us as his family to know how to help him learn to talk. You would think it would just be common sense, but there really is a lot to learn in how we interact with him to help him along. Anyway, just thought I'd give an update!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is fantastic that Lincoln's speech therapy is working so well already! I know that when Bryan finally "made sense" we were all quite relieved to know what he wanted! I hope there are more successes to come!

Genni said...

The haircut really does make him look older. I still call Mary my baby and shes 3. That is awesome about the speech therapy. Go Linky!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

He looks so handsome! I am so glad that the speech therapy is working out so well. Hooray!

Kayla said...

ah, good thing for speech therapy, it will make your mind at ease. i bet it will make him feel more grown up though, and not so much a baby... :(

how's the potty training?