Thursday, July 23, 2009

More bunny news!

This afternoon I went downstairs to work out and I heard a strange thumping noise coming from the guest room. It freaked me out because Lincoln was upstairs asleep and I was home alone. I looked out the window and saw what appeared to be a squirrel in the window well. Upon closer observation I realized it was a tiny baby bunny! Not as small as the squirmy newborns we saw a few weeks ago, but so small and cute and fluffy!! It was jumping at the window, I guess trying to get in. I had no idea how to go about rescuing it from the window well so I threw some lettuce and a carrot down to it and waited until Ryan got home. He was able to get it out--it had crawled into an old can. The kids were absolutely enthralled with it. It was hard not to be. We watched it for quite a while and then went inside to let it be. SO CUTE!!! I just love our little bunnies. I know they ruin other peoples' plants/grass/gardens/lives but they have never done anything but bring joy and major excitement to our lives (yes, we are very easily entertained around here!)

Ryan saves the bunny from an awful fate...

Here he is!!
Lincoln running after the bunny...hee, hee, hee.
All the kids watching the bunny (he is kind of blending in with the rocks in this picture.)
Lincoln loves animals.
Okay, I'm a little obsessed too! :)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Surely it has a name by now?

Casey said...

Oh I can't handle the cuteness! I wish we had baby bunnies!

Sarah said...

Oh my, that is the cutest little bunny I have ever seen. I hate to think of how it got into the window well in the first place though. Hopefully it didnt fall down there. :(

Genni said...

I love the bunnies/pests too! I try to feed them carrots and they always run away. I am sure it entertains Dan though. :)