Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stuff

This morning I went down to make the guest room bed (pathetic, I know, considering my parents left on July 5th!) Anyway, who should I find in the window well again? Little Thumper. So cute. Ryan rescued him again. I'm starting to consider just adopting him. Or getting a window well cover. Or both.

Yesterday it was beautiful in the morning and I was busy, busy, busy cleaning the house. I had opened all the windows to let in the cool morning air. All of a sudden Isaac said, "Mom, come look at Lincoln! He is doing something cute!" My normal response would have been, "Just a second" since I was in the middle of a project. But something told me to go see. The girls had put Lincoln up on his dresser which is right under the window. He was pressed up against the screen staring out. I about died. Thank goodness I went and checked on him--that would have been a long two story fall onto rocks. From now on I will only open that window when the kids are not home!

And finally...
The other day we couldn't find Lincoln's sandals anywhere and we had a few minutes before we needed to head out to school. I gave Isaac the "special mission" of finding the sandals. He was throwing out orders left and right--"Audrey, you check all the bathrooms, Chloe, you look in the car, I'll look in the basement." A minute later I heard them in another part of the house talking and Isaac said he had an idea. When I walked into the family room, I saw them all kneeling in a circle, taking turns saying prayers that they would find the shoes. A few minutes later Isaac found them under Lincoln's crib. It's nice to know that some things are sinking in.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh, that's just precious!