
Isaac had his first pack meeting last night. Or was it a den meeting? I don't know. I'm not really a scouting fanatic. At all. I became even less enthusiastic when I found out how much I was going to have to shell out for the shirt. Really? I guess I thought the good old boy scouts of America was a not-for-profit organization. I seriously doubt it when they charge $30 for the required shirt!! (Luckily I got a free hand-me-down from someone in our ward.) I have yet to sew on the little patches. I don't sew. Hot glue? Hmmm...
I wasn't able to attend last night's meeting because I was scheduled to work. Darn. Isaac told me I wouldn't have liked it anyway because it was "total chaos." Twenty 8 to 12 year old boys running around chaotic? Gee, I can't imagine why.
I'm just glad Ryan will be done with school soon so the boys can bond over scouts.
7 comments:
Ever tell you about the time I had to be a wolf leader? Yeah, it happened just as I was whining about Brandon joining scouts....
Lay low, my dear. Lay low.
Hopefully I'll be safe--I'm a counselor in the primary presidency and I've made my feelings about scouting very clear.
I guess Isaac does listen to some things that come out of my mouth. Last night after the pack meeting I told the kids that mommy probably wouldn't have enjoyed the meeting because it was total chaos.
I don't think he even noticed how crazy everything was. It was nice to be able to go to a function at the church where the kids could be kids and not have to sit still for more than 3 minutes at a time.
BADGE MAGIC. That's what you need to get the badges on. You cut it to size, iron it to the badge, then iron it to the shirt. It won't wash off in the laundry either! It's spendy but worth it!
Josh hasn't had his first pack meeting yet but he just did a week of cub day camp. He had so much fun. Everyone kept asking about our pack/den whatever and I just stood their like what are you talking about. I have a lot to learn too! But Badge Magic sounds good to me.
I agree with Heidi, that Badge Magic stuff is the way to go. Got it at my local scout store. Great for people like me who shouldn't be allowed near a sewing machine.
I always used the sewing machine to sew the badges on my boys shirts. I also had the bad thoughts of never wanting to work in Cub Scouting. I was called when Gregory was 8 to be a Den Leader. I wanted to cry, maybe I did! Well, as it goes it was one of my most favorite callings. I planned lots of fun activities in the book, the boys earned lots of arrow points and more. In the summer time we went on lots of field trips. I did that for two years, then when Nathan was 8 I was called again. It was a great time making things and spending time with my boys! Cub Scouts is a FAMILY program. Mostly what they do in their book is with family. Lindsay you do so much with your kids, read his book be familiar with what he needs to do. Things you do with your family for fun count, plus all the fun things he will do in school. I hope you & your family will enjoy it with him. Rachel went on all the field trips with us. Aunt Keri
Post a Comment