Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training...already?!


Today Chloe announced she needed to go potty and trotted off towards the bathroom. Next thing I know, Lincoln comes tearing around the corner, making his sign for help and pointing to his pants. I thought I would humor him and so I took him into the bathroom and put him on the toilet. Well, wonder of wonders, he peed!!! In the toilet!!! After all the excitement I offered him underwear or a diaper and he chose the underwear and has been wearing it the rest of the evening. He has had two accidents and two successes so far. The second time he did it was hilarious, only because all six of us were crowded into the half bathroom cheering him on. So, I don't really know what to think. Potty training hasn't even been on my radar considering he is only 19 months old, but I guess some kids do it really early, right? He might be ready, but the real question is, am I? Ugh, I HATE potty training! At least it's the last time I have to do it!

Nice picture, huh? Am I cruel to my children or what? :)

7 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

I used to think 19 months was early, but Trevor is in the same stage right now. He really just wants to be doing everything Cody is doing, but he will pee once in his diaper and then comes and tells me, pee pee. I have to put undies over his diaper or else he takes it off. He's only peed 3 times and pooped twice, but that's way more than I remember Cody doing at that age.

Micah said...

Woo Hoo! Go Lincoln! I know what you mean--I hate potty training as well. But, you'll have to do it some time and may as well strike while the iron's hot.

Casey said...

Wow! I can't even imagine trying to potty train Henry right now. He's obsessed with the toilet... as far as flushing things down it goes... like tweezers and papers and toys. Way to go Lincoln!

Erin said...

Go with it. It would be terrible to put him off and then have him lose interest. Just think...no more diapers!

Anna M said...

Go Lincoln!

Unknown said...

This photo is definitely one that needs to make a reappearance in his wedding video. ;)

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I am a tad jealous here... but it's my own lazy fault! Way to go Lincoln!