Friday, January 23, 2009

My Sick Baby


Those of you who are not my friends on Facebook have not witnessed me lamenting over Lincoln's health for the past week. The poor little guy is sooooo sick! Yesterday I finally took him to the doctor and it turns out he has bronchiolitis. The doctor is concerned that it can turn into pneumonia, so she told me that if he got a fever I should call her and bring him in again. I full on expected that yesterday would be the worst and that he would be better today. But today he was even worse. He slept almost all day long, didn't eat at all and woke up with a fever of 102 in the afternoon. So we went back to the doctor and now on top of it all he has a terrible ear infection in his right ear (that wasn't there yesterday.) I feel so bad for him. He really just lays around and moans all day long. He wants me to hold him constantly. My house is falling apart around me, I have been getting nothing done AND I have spent mucho dinero in the past two days on co-pays and prescriptions... I just hope he gets better soon. His pulse ox levels were down today, so we are supposed to watch him really closely this weekend to make sure he isn't struggling to breathe. Well, that's comforting. And I'm so glad these things always seem to happen on the weekends! I took these pictures two days ago--he looks even worse today. So sad. (And don't you love how the girls have to be in the pictures too? They WON'T leave him alone!!!!! It is driving me crazy!!!!)

5 comments:

Casey said...

Oh how scary! It sure has been an awful winter for colds. We took our little guy back to the doctor today too. His chest is clear but both his ears are infected. :(

I'll keep Lincoln and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. He sounds just miserable. I hope he gets better soon...and that it doesn't turn into pneumonia. Not fun. We'll keep him in our prayers as well.

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

He looks miserable. Poor little guy. I hope for your sanity he starts getting better fast!

Genni said...

Ahhhh...poor guy. I hope he gets better soon. Hang in there little Linky!

Anonymous said...

Has Erin told you how sick Royal has been too? Poor little guys!