Saturday, January 10, 2009
"Thank You" just doesn't cut it.
Today I was literally moved to tears as I thought about all of the help people have been giving us in our basement finishing project. I can't get over it! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. Last weekend we had a bunch of men from the church who all just heard we were working on it and came over to help. I made them all cookies to try to express our gratitude. Then they came over again today!! One man who we don't even know that well has lent us tools, given us supplies and spent hours down there doing hard manual labor! Another man spent hours down there last Saturday, then came back two nights this week with his teenage sons, and came back again for quite a while this morning. Then there is our brother-in-law, Mark, who lives over two hours away and has come up multiple times to help. There is no way that "Thank You" or cookies will ever really express what we are feeling. I only hope that someday we can pay it forward. Here is some of the progress they have been making. It was dark down there so I couldn't get pictures of the guest room and work out room which are both now completely drywalled.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys and all the hard work people have helped you with. That is so great! It is sure coming along. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Hurray for kind people to help get so much done. I love the Primary Pajama party idea!
you know, you guys do so much for others with such demanding callings. I personally think you already paid forward and now are reaping the blessings of all your service, dedication, and hard work! you guys deserve all the help and I'm glad to hear it's coming to you. aNd it sounds like expert help too! you're lucky to have knowledge and tools on your side. This basement will be over before you know it!
Post a Comment