Monday, January 5, 2009

Changes


Yesterday was a huge, monumental day for the girls. After weeks of thought, discussion and internal debate, I decided to split them into two different primary classes for this year. I wasn't sure how it would go over. They have done everything together from day one--dance classes, preschool, playdates--everything. The only time they have really been apart was when Chloe was in the hospital. But they have been the holy terrors of primary for years now and we decided that maybe if they didn't have a ready-made partner-in-crime it would go better. And it did!! They were angels!!! They sat there quietly (on opposite sides of the room) and didn't make a peep!!! We should have tried this strategy years ago! I was so proud of my girls. They are really getting so big.
Here is another big change! Isaac got these new glasses over the break and we just picked them up today. They are just to help him when reading, but he is very excited. He told me that he has wanted glasses his whole life. Well, I'm glad that I was able to help fulfill that lifelong dream of his! He looks so cute!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how long the girls' hair is! Yay! Isaac looks so grown up with his glasses. So cute.

Kayla said...

the girls hair does look long! isaac looks very smart. glad to know primary went better. avery was happy to have audrey in her class :)

Priscilla said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I also can't believe how grown-up the girls are looking these days. And I hope the glasses help Isaac-so cute that he wanted to get them! Although, I do have to warn you, kids and glasses do not mix well. Sophie has already broken her frames FOUR times! Luckily we bought them at Wal-Mart and they have a one year free replacement. It's a pain, though. Hopefully Isaac will do better.
I just love the new picture of the boys at the top of your blog - that is precious.

Kari said...

Those glasses are great. Glad he's so eager to wear them. My 3 year old has a tendency to abandon his so that they are almost always lost. I'm holding out for when he's older and that doesn't happen anymore.

Genni said...

Josh and Emma wanted to tell Isaac that those are very cool glasses!