Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Real Skinny

Dear Friends and Family,
I have been overwhelmed by your kind and flattering words about how skinny I look in the loft pictures I recently posted. Here is the truth: what you call skinny, I call strategic posing for the camera. Do you really think Ryan looked over at me installing insulation and thought he'd better snap a photo for posterity's sake? I don't think so. No--it went something like this--"Ryan, look, I'm installing insulation! Grab the camera while I reach high above my head and suck in my gut!" (I've learned a few tricks from religiously watching America's Next Top Model!) Notice that I rarely post pictures of myself on this here blog...there is a reason for that. I still have plenty of baby weight left to lose.

Oh, and I think our new camera might have something to do with those strangely flattering pictures! Maybe when you spend enough money on a camera, it takes away ten pounds instead of adding them!!

:)Love, Lindsay

6 comments:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

WHATEVER! I think you look amazing! And I see you during the week... not through a camera lens!

keri said...

Yes you look wonderful! Sorry we won't be able to visit with you and your family this year at the reunion. We'll miss you.
love, Aunt Keri

Jenni said...

I use the "elongate the neck!" trick from ANTM frequently. There are so many good things I've learned from Tyra over the years....like....like...

OK, so that's probably the only one. But hey! It comes in really handy at times!

(And dude...the gig is up. I just saw you like a month ago. You look awesome just as you are!)

Kayla said...

um yeah, I see you all the time and I can attest to all your far away friends and family that you really do look that good! I just wish I were like you after I have a baby! I know you work hard, and all your effort has definitely paid off -- you always look great!

Priscilla said...

You're so funny, er, uh, brutally honest, but funny! I'm sure your friends that have seen you recently are right, you do look terrific. Maybe I should start watching that crazy Tyra Banks show...

Unknown said...

I'm going to start using that pose in ALL my photos from now on. LOL

Seriously--you look GREAT! :)