This afternoon, after lunch, the kids were all in their rooms for quiet time--a newly instigated period of time set aside for them to sit on their beds and read so that I can have at least a few minutes of the day alone. It has been a nice breezy day outside and all of the windows in the house were open. After about 15 minutes of actual quiet time had passed, I heard the girls begin to yell something over and over. It sounded like they were yelling "Wal-Mart." You never know with them. I ignored it for a while, but when I had to go upstairs to get something I decided to investigate. They were each standing at the window of their bedrooms and yelling. Chloe's window doesn't have a screen and she was pointing out the window yelling this word over and over. I walked over and saw that she was pointing at our neighbor across the street who was working in his yard. I finally realized what they had both been yelling for the past 10 minutes. "Robber." Nice.
I shut their windows and told them that he is our neighbor, not a robber and asked if he had said anything to them. Audrey said, "Yes, the robber said hi to me." I don't even know where that came from!
1 comment:
That cracked me up. I often wonder where kids come up with all this stuff. Their minds work in funny ways sometimes. :)
Post a Comment