Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

As a parent I have always dreaded summer vacation because it represented three months of being home with all (FOUR) of my kids and trying to keep them entertained and occupied and up until we moved here, to keep them from dying of heat stroke. Now that we live here and Isaac is in year-round school, summer break is only two weeks long and my perspective is entirely different. So far (day 2) the break has been nice and relaxing. It's nice to not have to wake up running in a million different directions in the morning--worrying about getting Isaac to school on time and making sure he has all his necessary forms, papers, homework and lunch. It's nice to have some free time in the day without trying to get Isaac to do his homework and practice his piano. It does feel like a needed break.

We have been spending our mornings at swim lessons. All three older kids are in different levels, so we spend an hour and a half at the pool every morning. The two that aren't in class get to swim in the little pool while the other kid takes their lesson. They are all doing really well--I probably should have put the girls in the same level, but last year Chloe was so timid, I thought she probably should repeat a level. I think it is good for them to be separated too--it never happens, and they tend to be very exclusive and rely on each other a bit too much when they are together. Anyway, here are some pictures I took this morning (with the old camera--I was too worried to bring the new camera to the pool! Too many splashing kids.)

Isaac in the little pool after his lesson.

Chloe getting ready to go to her lesson. I think her goggles were a bit too tight!
Chloe at her lesson.
Isaac in his lesson (orange goggles.)
Audrey in her lesson ( on the left.)
Lincoln hanging out by the pool.

Time to go home. They were all "freezing!" My goodness--we aren't in Arizona anymore!!
This afternoon we are having quiet time after the picnic lunch and then we rented Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium to watch in the afternoon. AAAHHHH..... This is the life.

1 comment:

Kristy Graff said...

i'm actually enjoying the little break too-aww sleeping in!! this is the life!