Saturday, June 7, 2008

First time for everything


Last night Ryan took Isaac on their first ever Father/Son camp out. I would never let them go in Arizona because I didn't like the idea of sending my first born out into a wilderness filled with rattlesnakes and scorpions. Isaac was so excited to go this year! He even made a card for Ryan at school that said "Happy Father's Day. I hope we don't start any forest fires!" He hid the card in their backpack and gave it to Ryan when they got there.They were one of the first groups to arrive and had fun setting up the tent and exploring. I had packed them some tin foil dinners which they enjoyed later. Isaac said his favorite part of the trip was finding the plant that the pioneers used for toilet paper. He also was excited to find the feather of a magpie (or camp robber.)
Unfortunately, in the middle of the night, Isaac woke up with growing pains in his legs. I hadn't thought to pack any medicine with them. Ryan tried to rub his legs and help him feel better but nothing worked--Isaac really just wanted to come home. So Ryan, being the wonderful Dad that he is, packed up all their stuff and drove them home. They pulled in at around 1:30 in the morning!

The girls and I had a Girls Night In while the boys camped. We went and got dinner at Paradise Bakery (it seemed like a girly place to eat.) We brought it home, put on our pj's and watched "Enchanted" while we ate picnic style on the floor. We even got pink marshmallows to eat--since the boys were having smores, we needed a girly equivalent.



We had a good night, but I think everyone in the family stayed up way too late, and we are all paying the price today!!!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Did they like the movie? looks like you had fun! we got wendy's frosties as a girls night out (49 cent kiddie sizes! can't beat that!) and watched Nemo...

Shelly said...

Aww, this is such a great idea! How are you doing? I saw your link on Claire's blog. . . just stopped by to say hi.