Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just Like Heaven...

I went running last night (before the police thing happened) and felt overwhelmed with happiness. I LOVE living here. I don't think anyone could possibly understand how I feel unless they have lived in a place they hated for a long period of time and finally got out. I hope I never take this beautiful place for granted! I was running along, admiring the incredible sky, smelling the freshly mown grass (yes!! I will always appreciate grass after living without it for six years!) and feeling the cool breeze (marveling at the fact that I was actually running outside in June!!) There were even cute little bunnies hopping around in people's lawns. I felt like I was in Paradise. I ran home to get some pictures. I have to admit that the sky in Arizona was often very beautiful--it's just that you could only admire it through the window of your air-conditioned house!
This is a picture from a few hours later.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Colorado skies are so beautiful, they're one of the things I missed most living out east, you can't get them anywhere else. I too am happy to be here, and happy you're here! Yeah CO!

Erin said...

Lindsay! Nice pictures! I am super jealous! Now that you are running, you should come back to Chicago and run the half-marathon with me! Do it!!!

Unknown said...

That half marathon would be quite the accomplishment for Lindsay. When we were dating she tried to go jogging with me and had to walk every 10 seconds...I know because I set a timer for a stretch goal of 15 seconds one time.

We had a good walk after that enjoying each other's company.

You've come a long way since then Linds!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! I had no idea you hated AZ so much ;) i have to admit...we didn't like Tucson that much either..but now we find ourselves missing it, never thought I'd say that. Mainly its because the weather here is just aweful.