As most of you know, Audrey wants to be an Indian when she grows up. She is very interested in the Native American culture and everything that goes along with it. So when I heard that there is an annual Pow Wow at the Denver Coliseum every March, I knew we had to go to it!
We spent the morning cleaning and letting Lincoln rest and then after lunch we made our way to Denver. Linky slept the whole way there, and then just rested in his stroller while we enjoyed the festivities.
We started out watching the dancers and listening to the drums and singers. It was very loud, but we loved it!
We then walked around and looked at all the different vendors. Audrey had her heart set on meeting and playing with some little Indian girls. Most of the little girls we saw were competing in the dance competition, and Audrey is a bit shy, but I saw two girls that looked like they were about her age and they happily agreed to get their picture taken with her.
2 comments:
Indian Fry bread is to die for.
Looks like you guys had fun! I don't know if younger kids can do it since it's offically part of the "Boy Scouts" but you should look into the Order of the Arrow dance teams. Chad's cousins were on one and they went around to pack meetings/court of honors and stuff doing the indian dances. I'm sure Audrey would love it and she would have her own costume. :)
Post a Comment