Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

I love Halloween. I love dressing up. I love the smell of candles in pumpkins. I love the smell of a full bag of Halloween candy. I love the music and the parties and the decorations and the fun!! We had a fabulous Halloween this year! Maybe because it was on a Saturday, but I didn't feel rushed or stressed at all in our preparations. We did just the right amount of trick or treating so the kids feel satisfied and I feel like for once we didn't get too much candy. It was just a fun day!!

And a busy one! We were able to squeeze in carving our pumpkins right after Chloe's date with Daddy and right before dinner and trick or treating.

This is the kids in their costumes last Saturday getting ready to go to the school party. Chloe is Laura Ingalls Wilder, Audrey is a native American, Lincoln is a bunny and Isaac is a spy. Audrey won a prize at the school party for the best costume! She got a $10 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. My mom made the girls' costumes for their birthday presents.

And here they are last night in all their glory (with pajamas under their costumes! It was chilly!) While trick or treating, Isaac had many people ask him if he was from the Matrix. Yes, I let my 8 year old dress up as a character from a rated R movie!! (Please tell me you recognize the sarcasm...) Everyone thought Lincoln was a girl. He was dead set on being a bunny. I tried to convince him to be something else (we have plenty of costumes) but he wouldn't hear of it. So, there you have it!
Trick or treat!
And then there are our costumes! We dressed up twice! I told you I love dressing up. We went to a party where we were supposed to be literary characters. We chose The Scarlet Letter. Presenting Arthur Dimmesdale and Hester Prynne...

That party was a lot of fun! Our hostess always goes ALL OUT for this particular holiday (well, every holiday come to think of it!) Her house was adorable, the food was delectable and it was fun to see everyone's different literary costumes!



From fornicating Puritans to Goth. See, this is why I love Halloween. You can be anyone!!
Doesn't Ryan look AWESOME?! Yes, he is wearing eyeliner. No, he didn't get (real) tatoos. Another fun party! More great hosts--you have to admire a couple that dresses as Luchadores (sp?) and wears stretchy pants for everyone to see! The fear factor games and dry ice bombs at this one got pretty intense! And I even indulged on half of a homemade doughnut.

Ah, I love Halloween!

2 comments:

Anna M said...

We love the costumes! Fun dates, and what a lot of snow! What a busy week.

Jenni said...

Fornicating puritans? Oh, man...you're killing me tonight! I was just about to call you a tramp, and then you came up with that line all on your own and my funny has been shot dead out of the water by your superior wit. (Ignore my run-on sentence.)

SO FUN!