This may seem minor to some of you, but I am beside myself. Last night after dealing with computer issues all day, Ryan came to bed with the news that our hard drive had died and everything was gone. I was scared to even ask what he meant by everything. But the worst was confirmed. All of our files. Gone. All of my years worth of work on our blog book. Gone. All of our home videos. Gone. All of our pictures. Six years worth of family pictures. Gone.
I didn't sleep at all last night.
Apparently there are some companies that do "data recovery" so there is a chance that we can get some of it back. But that can cost thousands of dollars, so I don't know if we will be able to do it. But what choice to we have?! I have literally felt nauseous over this since last night.
8 comments:
Lindsay, I'm so sorry. You have some pictures uploaded to your blog, though, so you'd still have them, right? It's not a fun place to be, though. Last year our computer died and it had been about 5 months since a back up so we lost all of those pictures, and that was disappointing enough.
That is awful. I hope the recovery company provides a miracle for you. There's nothing like pictures!
NO WAY!!! I am SO so so sorry. Maybe Martin could lend a hand in trying to help recover something. I feel sick for you! :(
Oh no!! I feel sick just thinking about this. I have put off getting a portable hard drive to back all my stuff up, but no longer! Oh...I hope you can recover all your stuff.
External Hard drives are a godsend!
I'm so sorry to hear your loss. It just makes you sick! When our computer crashed back in August it made me sick as well. Most of our stuff was backed up luckily but I still need to find a way to recover a few pictures.
It's a horrible pit in the stomach feeling! Makes you want to puke.
Oh no!! This is NOT minor. We finally got an external hard drive and burned stuff onto CDs but I still fear that someday we'll lose our computer and none of our backup methods will be viable. Hope you can recover some of it without spending a fortune!
That's awful! I'm so sorry. I hope you have some luck with the data recovery.
Not minor at all! That makes me want to cry for you! We do have an external hard drive which gives me some peace of mind, but I worry about it still. :( It would cost a fortune to print off all the photos and forever to burn them all onto CDs, but I suppose it would be worth it in the end if something terrible happened. Fingers crossed that maybe it isn't as bad as you've feared and you'll be able to recover everything!
Post a Comment