Yes, we will be getting an external hard drive ASAP. And burning it all to discs (which we have done some, but not within the last year.) And uploading it all to Smugmug--that way if our house burned down, we would still be able to get to our pictures. Thanks for all your suggestions, and sympathy! :(
Ryan got a quote from one recovery place today. They sounded optimistic about being able to get it back. It will cost $750, which is much better than some of the horror stories I have been hearing ($2000, $3000 and $5000).
I do still have everything I have blogged, but when you try to print pictures off the blog the quality is much, much worse. Anyway--as long as we can get it back, I will survive this. Merry Christmas to us!
3 comments:
I think Brad recovered ours with an 80.00 program. Ryan should call him. I hope you can recover it!!
I will remember your in my prayers.
Not long ago, we thought we'd lost all of our stuff. I was so sick over a little video clip of Luke in the hospital that I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I ended up finding a spare copy of it somewhere random and then we were able to recover most of the stuff.
You have my complete sympathy. It's worth the $750.
Lindsay, I just want to thank you for your mistakes so that I can learn from you. I told Jared to go shop for external hard drives immediately. HOpe it all gets recovered for you!
Post a Comment