Last Tuesday we went to Belleview Park, which is about 35 minutes away from our house. I had heard about it a few times because it has a little train ride and a petting zoo for the kids. So some friends and I decided to try it out.
Here we are with a calf.
Some of the kids checking out an even smaller calf.
I am so glad Amy caught a picture of this. I looked over just as this baby goat was about to make a snack out of Audrey's pony tail. Her face when she looked behind her and saw what was nuzzling her neck was hysterical!
All the kids waiting for our turn on the train.
On the train. Sitting next to me is Cameron, the little boy I watch on Tuesdays (in case you were confused by this random child in the picture.)
The train ride and petting zoo were fine, but nothing compared to what we discovered next. This park is quite old, so it had huge shade trees scattered all over the rolling hills of soft green grass. Running through the middle of the entire park is a little man-made creek--made specifically for kids to wade in. It was perfect! We moms sat in the beautiful, cool shade while the kids waded in the shallow water, built sand castles along the beaches and explored the creek and bridges for hours. It was idyllic. We had a picnic lunch and stayed as long as we could put off nap time. I can't wait to go back!! Next time I will be better prepared with sand toys, swimsuits and towels.
The girls eating lunch. You can see the creek behind them.
The boys working on their sand tunnel.
1 comment:
That park looks like the best park ever! You guys are partying it up during the short summer break!
Post a Comment