
So, on Thursday night we loaded up and took a picnic dinner to meet Isaac at his Twilight Camp for the family dinner portion. We enjoyed eating al fresco with a lot of our friends. I did think that once the thunderstorm rolled in the man in charge would have cut it a bit shorter but apparently that is how Cub Scout leaders are (LONG WINDED.) It was a beautiful, albeit wet night.



Friday morning we started our family Marathon which I posted about on my other blog. Here is what I had to say...I read about this idea in a magazine and thought it was great! You run a marathon as a family! How, you might ask, do I intend to do this with four kids under the age of 9?? You don't run it all at once. You just run when you can and keep track of how far you go each time. When you are almost there, you set up a finish line and let the family run through it! The kids were very excited, although we didn't make it very far before the excitement wore off. Oh well, we will keep running until we have finished our marathon...no matter how long it takes us!
On your mark...

Get set...

Go!!!

We then went over to a fun splash park and for the first time none of our friends joined us. It was kind of nice to just be together as a family (without Ryan) and not have to worry about my kids interrupting my conversations every 5 seconds. We spent a long relaxing afternoon there.

Lincoln insists on wearing his hat like this. I try to pull it up out of his eyes, but he pulls it right back down and runs around trying to peer out from under it. He calls it his "BYU sunhat" and it goes everywhere with us. Train them young! Last night he said, "Please bless BYU" in his prayer.

In other news--I usually love the rain and welcome it with open arms, but it is seriously messing with our "spend the summer working on the backyard" plans. It rained every night this week and ALL DAY LONG on Saturday. So our grass looks great, but the rest of our backyard is a mud pit. So Ryan was able to take the time on Saturday to get our bikes up to par. We found a new bike for Isaac on Craigslist that they went and picked up, then we got Lincoln his new bike seat as well and he got all the bikes tuned, pumped and primed. So if it ever stops raining we will be ready to go!!
Our test drive in the rain. Lincoln LOVED it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment