Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Aquarium

Today we went with a huge group of friends to the aquarium in downtown Denver. I arranged this a few weeks ago so that we could get the group discount. I'm glad we did--I honestly wasn't overly impressed. I think once you've been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, most everything else will seem a bit blah. But it was still fun. And lots of great photo ops!

As we walked through this glass tunnel, a sting-ray swam right over us and Lincoln was enthralled.

The girls were very excited to see the sharks. I don't think this was one, but it was a really cool big fish.
Isaac and Garrett became a part of the exhibit.
Right after I took this picture, Lincoln looked up and noticed the enormous fish right above his head. He got out of that little bubble pretty darn quickly!
Not sure why they had an orangutan in the aquarium. They had live tigers too. Huh.
Petting the starfish.When I told Audrey we were going to the Aquarium, she asked what it was. I told her it was like a zoo for sea animals. She got all mad that she wasn't going to get to see her favorite animal, a zebra and Chloe was going to get to see her favorite animal, a cheetah. I told her there weren't any cheetahs at the aquarium. She replied, "But you said it was a zoo for 'c' animals."

Pretty smart little girl.

Lincoln loved this Nemo tank.Petting the sting rays. Lincoln loved this, too!

If I ever do a group trip like this again, I am seriously making all the kids matching t-shirts. The amount of kids we had between the five of us seemed sort of insane--and that wasn't even all of them (a few were at school still!)
Check this out...

This is today

This is almost exactly five years ago, at an aquarium in Hawaii. Pretty cool!After we were done, we went to a nearby park to have yet another picnic lunch.

The kids finished off our adventure with a crazy dance party on the rocks next to the outdoor speakers.
Fun day!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

i love that side by side of the twins as babies and today....can you tell them apart in that picture?