Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Prep

The girls and I spent the afternoon getting ready for their Valentine's Day party at school tomorrow. We decided to make sugar cookies to go along with their paper Valentine's (mainly because I have to bring 4 dozen cookies to a primary meeting on Sunday night anyway. So now the freezer is full...)



The girls worked very hard on their Valentine's--writing each child's name very carefully. I noticed Audrey was taking a lot of extra time working on one little boy's Valentine. She then said, "I love Luke." I asked her why and she said, "I just love him so much because I like his hairstyle." We decided to add a special message to each Valentine. Chloe just added "I like you" to each of hers. Audrey had to tell Luke just why she loved him so much. Then when I asked her what she wanted to put on Zackery's, she said, "I kind of like you, but I don't like the way you draw." We just left his blank.

Maybe Cupid is on the move. Throughout the afternoon Audrey kept sighing and saying, "I love Luke." Notice her decorative hearts with arrows through them--and the picture of her and Luke with his rockin' hairstyle.

7 comments:

rick and cheryl said...

I am laughing so hard! Luke is a cutie though...I love how honest kids are.

Priscilla said...

hahaha...that's so cute! What funny girls.

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun. They aren't doing V-day cards in Lanie's class. Weird. They did have to do Christmas cards for the whole class. We're talking about full-size, real cards. Crazy.

Well...how can you not love a boy named Luke? How cute!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Have I ever mentioned what a great mother you are? Seriously... you rock!

Anna M said...

Cookies and homemade cards--way to go Lindsay!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Awwww. Young love!

Unknown said...

I guess they aren't going by Wendy and Alice anymore? :) They are such cute and funny little girls.