Blog book details...
I am using Blurb.com. Nope, they don't slurp from blogger anymore, so I had to do it the old-fashioned way. Cut and paste. Which is why it was sooooo time consuming. I would guess I spent at very least 30 hours working on it. From now on I will add to my book as the year goes by, instead of waiting to do the whole thing at once.
Mine will be 160 pages long and it will cost about $55 plus shipping. I haven't ordered it just yet. I am going back through it with a fine-toothed comb to make sure I didn't misspell or miss anything. I will let you know what I think when I get the finished product.
6 comments:
They don't be slurp anymore? That must be a recent thing. I was able to slurp my stuff up in early January, but I've been having problems with it not pulling all the pictures and then crashing. Maybe that's why they stopped.
Anyway, I'm totally impressed that you are almost done! I think I've done 3 months worth. :(
I too blog because I can make the book. It's the only journaling/family history stuff I'm able to stick to!
That's so cool! I would love to see it. Way to go girl!
Casey, maybe I am wrong about the slurping. When I downloaded the software in late Nov. they didn't do it anymore, so I just assumed they still didn't when I started to work on my book last week. It would sure make it a lot easier!
I'm pretty sure they don't slurp from blogger anymore. bummer. I was looking forward to it. I have kind of put off my book to see if anything else comes out. I've heard of a few others. maybe if I wait long enough something good will come along...here's hoping. How nice that you are almost done! Great job.
if you don't know already they now slurp. i put a book together for my mom for christmas and she loves it. i am also doing a book just for us of the past year and i'm loving it. deffinetly a better way to journal. there are a few things that i don't like and things that drive me crazy but overall it's fabulous. it is kind of addicting huh!
Okay...so do they slurp...or don't they? I hope they do because that is why I blog as well, I am planning on putting every year or two in a book...maybe I should create it as I go since I don't have enough time to keep up on the blog let alone edit a book.
Post a Comment