This has been such a great day! We started off the morning freezing. When we went downstairs, we realized that the girls had turned the heat off the day before and we hadn't noticed! I think it got down to 18 degrees last night! We made a yummy breakfast of heart-shaped biscuits and gravy and then had a little Valentine's party. Grammie got the kids some great gifts--Isaac hasn't stopped playing with his magnet thing all day and the girls loved getting dolled up in their Fancy Nancy outfits and reading their Fancy Nancy books. The girls and I then went shopping and made a detour to Paradise Bakery for some more Valentine's celebrating. They got a lot of stares and comments on their fancy hats. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out--well, Ryan was working in the basement (of course) and I was cleaning the house and the kids just let us be. So, I am so happy because my house is clean!!!!! Now, Ryan is putting the kids to bed and we are going to get take-out from one of our favorite restarants (On the Border) and watch Survivor and Lost (previously recorded.) I'm just really happy--did I mention my house is clean?!
Oh, and one more thing...LINCOLN STARTED WALKING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right as we were finishing up our Valentine's party he just took a few steps to get around Audrey and it was like something clicked. Next thing we knew he was just standing up and walking across the room! He is still wobbly and needs practice, and he will only do it if HE wants to but YAY!! Finally! I wouldn't care so much, but there is just so much he wants to do that I can't let him do because he doesn't walk (play in the backyard, go down to the basement, play at the playplace at restarants, etc.)
Here are my little Fancy Nancys.

Lincoln enjoying some conversation hearts right before he started walking!

The kids enjoying their new toys. Thanks Grammie!!

Hope you all had a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment