Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just venting, don't mind me...

I don't get why some days go so well and others are so awful. We really don't have that much variety in our daily lives--you would think we would be able to keep things pretty happy most of the time. Today has been so hard. The girls have been fighting NON-STOP. And when my girls fight, they don't just scream at each other or cry or call names. Their fights usually consist of screaming, crying and calling names all while beating each other senseless with whatever they can get their hands on. It is driving me crazy!!! After their last big blow up they were both sitting at the table cooling off when they decided to be friends again. I told them they weren't allowed to be friends again because they fought too much. They were devastated--they both started bawling. I was glad at least something got their attention.

I am just trying to survive the rest of this day by consuming way too much chocolate and Diet Coke (for purely medicinal purposes of course!) I'm just tired and stressed out by some stuff I am facing and I want to go away for a while!!!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better - my day sucked, too.

Here's to tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

I so hear you on this. I don't understand how it can be so awesome and then the next day is from outer darkness and I want to quit my job.

Kari said...

Hang in there. :) If you do stumble upon the solution for stuff like this I will give you my first born...or maybe my second born because that way he may live to see his teen years.

Anonymous said...

Oooo. I had one of those days just the other day. It was miserable. I finally locked myself in my room and told the kids to leave me alone. (it was bed time for them anyway) I won't even go into the fiasco we had at the grocery store and that on top of the constant whining and fighting. Ah, motherhood. I later woke up in the middle of the night to my monthly friend. It explained my inability to deal with the madness that day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I'm so sorry! I hope the Diet Coke and chocolate medicine worked ;-) It usually works for me... only in high doses!

Anna M said...

Sorry. May you get a good night's rest too!

Rebecca said...

I have to say- from expeirence- it won't end until they're about 15. Sorry. It's just not as often after 12, though ... see, a silver lining

And, yes, I'm blog stalking you now.