Saturday, December 4, 2010

Do bad things really happen in threes?

On October 7th I got pulled over because I didn't stop for a full 30 seconds at a stop sign. No matter that there was not another car in sight. When I pulled the car over and saw the female officer walking towards my car in my rearview mirror, I knew I was screwed. Things got even worse when I realized I didn't have current proof of insurance in my car. The nice lady officer informed me that she could be arresting me for this offense, but for now I was just going to be ticketed and have to go to court. Ugh. My court date is this coming Tuesday.

Then yesterday as we were driving home from the zoo and I had been listening to a screaming baby for 20 minutes straight, I saw the flashing lights in my rearview mirror again. This time I was clearly in the wrong--they caught me doing 78 in a 55 mph zone. But really, has that cop ever driven with a screaming baby in the car before?! It was a total speed trap and it wasn't like I was going any faster than anyone else around me--they just singled me out. And the baby stopped screaming as soon as she saw the big scary police officer in the window. At least this time I don't have to go to court.

The annoying thing is I haven't gotten a ticket ever in the past 11 years--and then I had only ever gotten one speeding ticket for going like 5 miles over the limit. Now I've had three tickets in less than two months?! And I have no idea what any of them are going to cost me. Wish me luck at court on Tuesday.

You can call me The Fugitive.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Sorry about the tickets. I was late to a meeting today and slipped through a really orange-yellow+red light. I kept feeling like I was about to be pulled over.

Anonymous said...

So how did your court date go?