We had a great day yesterday--everyone was happy, reveling in our new 9:00 church schedule. We relaxed, played games, baked and enjoyed the day together. Everyone was doing fine. Then all of a sudden they started to fall like dominoes. First Isaac. I wondered why he didn't eat much dinner. As I was reading to the kids at night I noticed a horrible grimace on his face. He made it to the bathroom just in time. Within 30 minutes Ryan was also throwing up. Chloe came to me about 8:30 and said her stomach hurt, so I sent her back to bed with a bowl. She woke me up about 10:00. After I got her set up with the boys downstairs, I went to strip her bed. I looked over at Audrey sleeping soundly and thought, "I should probably get her a bowl." But I decided not too. Oops. She woke me up about 11:30, screaming and covered in vomit. I got her in the bath, stripped her bed and ran another load of laundry. I got her set up downstairs and finished cleaning up and went back to bed. Lincoln made it until 5:00 am--although I think he had thrown up a few times in the night without waking me up. That was considerate.
They were all up most of the night. My poor little family. We racked our brains this morning trying to figure out if they had eaten something that I didn't and couldn't figure it out. Finally I called my sister-in-law to see if anyone there was sick since we had been with them all day Saturday. I guess EVERYONE who was at the baptism has it. Except for me and my niece. Hopefully we are immune!!!
And sorry to anyone we have now passed it along to...
Here they are last night around midnight I think. Back to the laundry I go!
4 comments:
Oh No! Puking is the worst! I hope you all feel better and you don't get it. Of course that is what always happens, you take care of everyone and then send them on their way and then you get it!
Let me know if you need anything.
Yuck. I hate the stomack flu. We did the rounds a few weeks ago. Now we are on to fevers...I guess it's that time of year.
Oh, blech. Here's hoping it exits just as quickly as it came on, right?
LOVE the new photo in your banner. You guys look great! :)
Ugh! That sounds awful!! I hope your 2010 is happy HEALTHY one!
Post a Comment