We started last Monday. My potty training methods are simple:
1. Wait until all parties are ready--no matter how long that takes.
2. Go cold turkey--Pull-ups are for wimps!
3. Nudity is key.
Lincoln has had maybe five accidents since we started--two because he couldn't get his pants down fast enough, one because we were at the zoo and couldn't find the bathroom, one while he was sick with the stomach flu and one at a friends house where he was too caught up in playing to tell us in time. He spends all day at home naked, but I frequently hear the toilet flush and he comes out and tells me he just went potty. AMAZING!!! No more diapers!!! (At least while he is awake. He comes from a long time of bed-wetters, so I'm not expecting that to change for years. But still!!)
5 comments:
Nice! I'm impressed. Nash is going on 3 and I still haven't tried yet. After our trip to Disneyland at the end of the month...I'm all over it.
Congratulations! I hope his success is long term--as in forever!
yeah! is he manging to continue well even though he's been sick? i hope so!
Good for both of you! The photo made me laugh and laugh.
Wow that is awesome Lindsay! So was the key that he was just ready?? How do you know when they're ready and not just playing around? Our little boy is 2 and doesn't show much interest. Our little girl was pretty much potty trained by his age. Oh well. Good job!!
Post a Comment