Monday, August 31, 2009

Our little wildcat



Oops, I mean Bobcat. :)

Isaac received his Bobcat award (rank?) at pack meeting last week. I wish someone had warned me that I was going to have to go up in front of everyone to get something pinned on me! I might have actually dressed up for the occasion. Anyway, I will admit that I am slowly warming up to this cub scout thing...(still have yet to buy any of the badges or the badge magic, though.)

Here is the whole family up with Isaac as he pins the Bobcat pin on me. (I don't really know why they pin it on the mom, but whatever.)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Dangerous business....giving a sharp, pointy object to an 8-year-old. Remind me to draw you a diagram of how Brandon tried to "pin" me when he earned his Bobcat. Good thing the undergarment is spongy.

Mean Mommy said...

The pin is officially called the "mother's pin," the Scout's award is the patch. They give an award to the mom because they recognize who was there supporting all the work, driving around to pack meetings, etc.