Friday, August 7, 2009

Talent Show

Tonight we had the Primary Talent show which the kids have been so excited about for weeks and weeks. When I asked them what they were going to do, Chloe said she was going to dance. She chose her own music and costume and had very definite ideas about what she was going to do. But she wasn't too keen on practicing--and when she would she would tell me not to look, so I wasn't sure what to expect when she actually got up on stage. I put her on the program as doing an "Interpretive Folk Dance." She ended up rocking it! Many people commented on how well she did and how she stayed with the rhythm so well. One friend asked if she watches "Riverdance" a lot. (The answer is never.) I guess it is just all that Scottish and Irish blood flowing through her veins!


Audrey decided she was going to make refreshments for the talent show as her talent. As we were making them this morning, she wanted to hold off on decorating them until we got there--as if she was on the Food Network demonstrating her cake decorating skills or something. We just went ahead and finished them off at home. She did it entirely by herself--which explains the many different sizes of cupcakes. I'm sure they tasted wonderfully (hopefully there weren't too many eggshells!)

Isaac did an art display for his talent. He is very creative and has a good eye for color. He also has a fabulous art teacher at school and he is always bringing home really neat projects.

Yes, to celebrate Ryan's first night of freedom we went to a Primary Talent Show!!! It was so nice to have him there!

4 comments:

Anna M said...

What talented kids! Congratulations to Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great they can each do their own thing? And come up with the ideas themselves. Talents come in all different ways.

Jenni said...

And let me guess. Some kid ate the cupcakes as part of his talent, right?

Just kidding. :-) I'm super impressed by all of them!

Amy said...

Katy liked Audrey's cupcakes. She devoured it and wanted more! :)