Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another fun weekend




We spent last Saturday introducing Ryan to Castlewood Canyon and we had a wonderful day! We spent the morning on a two mile hike that took us down into the canyon. The kids saw some crawdads and frogs and even a small snake. We let Lincoln choose who would carry him in the backpack and he chose me. I don't mind at all (I figure it burns extra calories) but I couldn't believe how many people commented to me about it while we were hiking. Poor Ryan had to spend the whole morning having random strangers question his manhood. Oh well.

See? He took a turn with the backpack, too!

Isaac jumps across a creek

I love this picture! Audrey was acting like a bear (because they were in a "cave") and I don't know what the other two kids were doing!
After our picnic lunch, we drove over to another part of the canyon to look at the pioneer house and do another hike. It was an absolutely beautiful day. We hiked into the canyon to look at some dam ruins from a dam that burst like in 1910 or something. It was really cool. On the way back to the car we stopped and played in the river for a while.

We found a bunch of apple trees that the pioneers must have planted next to their house. They were brimming with apples so we let the kids try them and they liked them just fine!

Me and the girls at the pioneer house.
A waterfall on the way to the dam.What was left of the dam.
Playing in the river


Maybe one of these weekends we will stop playing and get back to reality...but maybe not. We are having so much fun!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Reality is highly overrated.

Anna M said...

Fun trip!