Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh, the things they say...

The other day an afternoon storm blew in and I rushed outside to secure our patio furniture. The kids watched through the window as I struggled with it in the strong winds. I happened to be wearing a skirt that day. When I came in, I said, "Wow, it is really windy out there." Chloe replied, "But not very modesty!"

This afternoon as I walked the girls to school I told them I had something very important to say to them and they could never ever forget it. After I built up the importance for a minute, I told them that I loved them. There was a long pause, then Audrey said, "Mommy, I have something very important to tell you and you can never, ever forget it." I said, "What?", fully expecting a reciprocal declaration of her feelings. She then said, in all seriousness, "Don't ever, ever touch a dead animal." Not exactly what I was expecting, but I'll take it!

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

...and I'm still laughing! Your girls are so funny.

Anonymous said...

It's true Lindsay, leave those dead animals alone.

Lucky Mommy said...

That is hilarious. Good advice, indeed. Maybe you should start a collections of things like that and write a money-making book of advice from kids.

Anna M said...

So funny!