Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hair is overrated.

Life has been crazy lately. (I feel like I start every post like this.) Lincoln and I have both been sick. This morning just after his consultation with the early intervention speech therapist, we all traipsed out to the pediatrician to have him checked out for the cough that won't quit. (How I love taking all my kids to the doctor, let me tell you.) This is all with me going off of three hours of sleep due to my cough that won't quit and killer sore throat.

Then there have been the complications with my head. When they took the stitches out a few weeks ago, I started losing massive chunks of hair every time I touched my head. Then the incision started looking weird (I won't go into too many details...) so yesterday I went back into the doctor to have it looked at. It turns out that the incision has re-opened and become infected, so I am back on antibiotics and wondering if this will ever be over. Oh--and here is the really great news. The hair is not going to grow back. The hair follicles were damaged or removed or whatever, but I have a nice bald spot on the top of my head from now on. Hope everyone loves my hair parted on the left side, because that is the way I'm going to be for the rest of my life. I am getting pretty good at covering it--you probably wouldn't know unless you were over six feet tall and staring directly down on the top of my head, but it is annoying and still very uncomfortable. So, that is my life.

All I can say is HATS, people, HATS!! Don't let this happen to you!!!!!

6 comments:

Casey said...

You have such a great attitude. I hope the new antibiotics do the trick and you are on the mend soon.

Priscilla said...

Awe, darn it! Sorry to hear all that; I hope the antibiotics work for you. That's miserable. I hope you feel better soon.

Genni said...

What a bummer. I hope you feel better soon. I hate coughs that last forever! I think if I'd stayed in AZ I would heed your advice about the hats...next best fix....move to Seattle. Yes it is raining today :)

Anonymous said...

It's not going to grow back?! Well, I am quite fond of hats. I am rarely not in one these days. They come in quite handy for covering whatever hair issues you may have. I'm so sorry! Bleh!

Hope you and Lincoln get feeling better soon. Why the speech therapist??

Unknown said...

Hi sis. Sorry to hear about your hair. Im over 6 feet, and I will be looking straight down to see the bald spot.

YouHaveHowMany? said...

That STINKS!! I am so sorry. When life rains it pours. Let me watch your kids next time! I never go to the doctor with extra kids if I can help it... I know what you mean. Seriously, call me if you need me to watch any kiddos! Hang in there!