Friday, May 15, 2009

Not a good combo



Bald Spot + Comb-over + High-Speed Winds = AAAAACK!!!

Yesterday I was running errands in some seriously windy weather and there wasn't a whole lot I could do. I did have a hair extension in--but the wind blows those too. I think I am definitely going to invest in a lot of cute hats--not only to protect the rest of my scalp from the sun, but so I don't have to worry that my pathetic little comb-over won't live up to its potential!

This experience is definitely teaching me a lot. Like I have had to just get over it. So what if people see the bald spot?! What is the worst they can do--ask me what happened? Laugh at me? So what? Fifteen years ago this would have ruined me for life, but now I'm surprised at how I've been able to deal with it.

Anyway, sorry for all the random head posts lately! This blog is my journal and I have loved having last year's edition printed and bound so we can go back and read about our lives. It's crazy how quickly you forget the little things. Here is a completely unrelated picture, just so you have something to look at. It is my girls on a very sunny day with their little twin friends, Rachel and Julianna.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I am so impressed that you have your blog book done already. I've been a bit lazy and haven't done as much as I should. I'm hoping to finish it soon.

You know the great thing about having a blog? You can post anything you want because it is YOUR blog! :) So do all the head posts you want!

Genni said...

I think you are handling the situation amazingly. It's inspiring to read about your experiences. So keep um coming. We all enjoy your honesty and candid nature about a very difficult situation. :) :)