
We decided to kick off our summer vacation by heading down to Colorado Springs to spend time with family. It was a beautiful day--perfect for hiking at Garden of the Gods! I just love living here where there is so much to do. Anyway, we had a great time hiking, playing and hanging out. After we spent the morning hiking, we had a nice picnic lunch and watched the storm clouds roll in. We left just as it started to sprinkle and went back to Michael and Shelly's house. The kids played all afternoon, but unfortunately the lightening and thunder never let up which foiled our plans to go geo-caching. We will have to do that next time. We still had a nice BBQ dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our day in the Springs!
Here are Shelly and I with all the kids next to the balancing rock. Isaac was doing his best to prop it up.

Me and Lincoln sporting our new hats. My mom got me this cool hat for my birthday--it is SPF 50!! Obviously I feel strongly about hats these days. Check these out at www.wallaroohats.com Eventually I hope to have quite the collection of them.

Audrey on the mountain.

Eli and Chloe

The girls and I in a little green spot--Lincoln decided to hide his head in this picture.

Remind me to never take family pictures sitting down. Here is what you get when someone with an abnormally long torso (me) marries someone with an abnormally short torso (Ryan.) No, I am not six inches taller than my husband...
5 comments:
Beautiful backdrop... despite the height differences.
I am so overwhelmed by summers with kids at home. Looks like you're off to a good start, if you can get your "someone" to stop demolishing all of your property. Yikes! I would be losing it too.
Fun hike. Sorry about the crazy days earlier in May!
Very nice family picture,anyway! What a pretty place, and I love your hat! :)
Other great UV protective hats are at sundayafternoons.com and coolibar.com. There are more, but I can't seem to remember what they are at the moment!
Post a Comment