Friday, March 7, 2008

Cursed Toll Roads

Today I spent $6.00 to drive to the doctor's office!! I accidentally took a wrong turn and next thing I know, I am throwing all of my quarters into a machine--first to get on the road, then to get off in order to turn around, then to get back on going in the right direction, then once again to get off so I could go home. I actually ran out of quarters (surprising, right?) and had to take a little envelope in which I placed a personal check for 0.75 which I will be sending off to the great state of Colorado. Really, I have to PAY to drive on the road?! I initially took the toll to save 20 minutes off my trip...would have been great if I hadn't gotten lost!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

oh, i know. i hate the $$, and it only saves time if you totally know the ins and outs of the system. better luck next time!

Jenni said...

Hey, I figure....annoying experiences like that give us something to blog! :-)

Priscilla said...

Your blogs always make me laugh. I thought they only had toll roads back east?!