Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Fun!



Occasionally at night I catch an episode of "Super-Nanny." I rarely make it through the entire show because the last thing I want to watch after a long day of mayhem, disorder, chaos and noise is someone else's mayhem, disorder, chaos and noise. But the other day Jo-Jo (the nanny) said something that I think I really needed to hear. "What we need around this house is more fun!" Sometimes I overlook opportunities to have fun with my kids because I am so busy trying to clean up around them or get projects done around the house. So, Ryan and I decided to instigate family fun days with our kids. Every Saturday we are going to do something fun together as a family--be it play a board game or go to a museum. We started last week with dyeing Easter eggs. This week we decided to start planting our garden.

We are starting the veggies from seeds in little cups in the house and we will transplant them in about six weeks. Our garden last year was very exciting for the kids--they loved to watch the plants sprout and grow, and we all loved eating the results! We will keep you all updated on the progress. In the meantime, I will try my hardest to breathe deeply and remember that we are creating memories, not messes!!

3 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

Such a good idea. I keep seeing this add on TV to grow your own butterflies. They send you the caterpillars and all the supplies, but then I imagine Cody setting all of them free in the house. Might be fun though

Kayla said...

great idea. i've been trying to convince myself to start a garden this year...wanna do it for me? :)

Lindsay said...

Kayla--I'll do your garden for you if you will paint my banister! HA!!