Our Thanksgiving plans changed unexpectedly on Tuesday night when Isaac came down with the stomach bug that has been making the rounds in our circle of friends. What was supposed to be a huge family dinner with cousins and aunts and uncles galore quickly turned into a small, intimate affair. And, I'm not going to lie, it was awesome! No stress, no frantic cleaning of the house, no worrying if the food was going to be done on time, no hoping that everyone likes the food you made, no feeling obligated to taste some of everything everyone brought, no sitting around feeling like you have to entertain everyone, no being hostess. I. Loved. It. No offense to our relatives that were planning to come. I would have loved to have seen everyone and spent the day with family. But it was also nice to just relax!
We let the kids take turns being the photographer, so things got a little...interesting. Here is a bit of our day in pictures.
I am so thankful for my crazy little family!
























No comments:
Post a Comment