Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday!

My little ladies turned nine on Sunday!  I sure do love them.  I really love that they are older and not nearly as difficult as they used to be!  :)

On Friday we brought cupcakes in to the school and their classes combined to sing to them.  I think it made them a bit nervous to have 56 kids singing to them!


Here they are passing out cupcakes.  Their little friend, Amelia (in pink)  stuck to them like glue.  I'm not sure if she was motivated by friendship or by the possibility of seconds, because as far as I know, they aren't normally that close to her.


Lunch time!  They love it when I eat with them--and I haven't had a chance to do it at all this year!


Instead of a traditional birthday party, they decided to have their best friend, Avery come stay the weekend with us.  She is the one who moved about 1.5 hours away from us this summer.  We met up at a McDonald's half way on Friday afternoon and the fun weekend was afoot!

p.s. It was college day at school that day, or they might have dressed a little more festively for their birthday.

Pizza for dinner...


Cake and ice cream...

Look at the camera, Chloe.

Opening presents!

Audrey wanted that wheelchair for her AG doll more than anything...when asked why she said it's because they always play that their dolls are breaking their backs.  Um, okay.

Ready for bed...


The next day they just played and played and played.  They never even got dressed!  We also carved pumpkins...


And watched a Harry Potter movie while drinking butterbeer (without the beer.)


It was a wonderful birthday weekend!!

No comments: