Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Major Award!

No leg lamps, unfortunately.

A few weeks ago we got a letter from the mayor of our town informing us that Isaac had been chosen by the faculty and staff at his school to receive a special academic award.  Last night we went to the big ceremony.  Each school in the entire city got to choose a student from each grade to get this "Aurora Scholar" award.  The mayor and many state representatives were there to congratulate the kids.

Here is Isaac with his teacher, Mrs. Liber.  I thought it was so nice of her to come and sit through that long ceremony especially since she is going to have a baby any day now!  She said she was so proud of him, she wouldn't have missed it.  Gosh, we are so blessed to have such great teachers!

Here he is shaking hands with the mayor.

All the Aurora Scholars from our elementary schools with the Vice Principal.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I would have given Isaac a leg lamp had I been there.

YouHaveHowMany? said...

Way to go Isaac! That is awesome! :)