Sunday, April 1, 2012

It's fun to stay at the YMCA!


We finished off our spring track-off with a quick trip up to one of our favorites places, Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We left on Thursday and got there in time for some ice cream at our favorite little ice cream shop in downtown Estes Park. We looked in many of the fun little shops and played along the river.


We then went and checked into our lodge and headed to the pool, which we had pretty much to ourselves! I got to swim laps while Ryan played with the kids. We had a beautiful picnic dinner and turned in early.

On Friday we had tons of activities to do. That is one of the best things about the YMCA--there are so many things to do! Isaac and Audrey did an origami class, which probably gave Audrey a complex because the lady in charge kept talking about how good Isaac was at it. All the kids had fun in the Explorer's class where they went on a little scavenger/treasure hunt around the whole area.

This was what Lincoln chose as his treasure.

After lunch we went roller skating. I felt like such a horrible mother, because my kids were awful at it! I used to roller skate all the time when I was little. They kind of just crawled around the rink. I had so much fun--again we had the place entirely to ourselves and I think the guy in charge of the music kind of pegged me as a child of the 80's. Wow, I was rockin' it out on the rink. We skated to the YMCA (how appropriate), the Electric Slide, the Macarena, Surfin' USA, We Will Rock You and many more that I can't even remember. Good times.


Later that afternoon, after another swim, the girls and I went and made Friendship bracelets while the boys played games. That night I took the older three kids to play Bingo. I couldn't believe how much fun they had. I think it was really Isaac's favorite part of the entire trip!

On Saturday morning we went to a Nature graphics class and then hiked into RMNP and enjoyed the incredible scenery and beautiful weather. Once again, we were sad to leave.

No comments: