Yesterday (July 6) was their first day back. We did have a really good, fun-filled summer vacation, but it seemed to fly by so fast. We got in lots of hikes, bike rides, outings, trips to the library, trips to the pool, playdates, day camps galore and a full two week vacation. The book I read out loud to the kids this summer was Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls. I haven't read it since I was in 5th grade, but I remembered liking it a lot. We finished it the night before school started. I was bawling like a baby at the end!! The kids were all looking at me strangely and saying incredulously, "Are you crying?!" I guess I don't do that very often. Anyway--the kids (and I) loved the book and I highly recommend it as a read-aloud choice!!
Now, to savor the peace and quiet. Just think, Linky starts preschool in a month or so...the sound of silence...
2 comments:
I remember Summer of the Monkeys and I think I read it in 5th grade too! I need to read that one again! I really wish they had goodreads when we were kids so I could remember all of the books I read as a kid so I can make my kids read them.
Thanks for the recommendation! We'll read it. Sometimes I tear up in books, and I get the same response.
Post a Comment