Friday, July 1, 2011

GTNP--Day 3?? I've lost track...


On Wednesday we got an early start and went on a fun hike to Hidden Falls where we had a picnic. The kids did great on the five mile round trip jaunt around Jenny Lake--it was one of my favorite family hikes we have ever taken. The girls just wanted me to tell them stories the entire time, so I was telling them about their ancestors and novels I've read and anything I could think of.

Chloe gave Lincoln her old Camelbak and he was thrilled!
We found the Hidden Falls!!
As we were hiking along with all eight of the kids in our combined families, one passerby remarked, "Are you some sort of camp or Mormons?" Yes.
After the hike we drove into Jackson to sight-see and partake of some local goodies in the town square.
I was relieved to discover this year that the Elk shed those antlers every year. I always thought the hunters had killed them to get those antlers they used to make the arches. I'm really glad to be enlightened now!!
While the family finished their ice cream, I just laid in the grass and soaked up the sun. This was my view...
That night the girls kept busy helping shuck the corn for dinner and made corn husk dolls.

No comments: