Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Family Reunion

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday (late June--I'm still catching up) we met up with Ryan's side of the family for a family reunion. We spent some time hiking, going paddleboating on a beautiful lake and doing some high flying on the ropes course!! Unfortunately Isaac started getting sick on Saturday morning, so he had to miss out on quite a bit. He and I spent about six hours on Saturday just watching the Discovery Channel in the hotel room. I learned all about myths and monsters in Alaska. Poor guy--Isaac was really looking forward to the ropes course but had a high fever and felt so horrible that he had to miss out. He also couldn't even eat his ice cream from the BYU creamery. I know everyone else had fun at the reunion!

Linky and Ryan showing off their muscles.

Hiking with mommy.
The girls loved the paddleboats!

Lincoln was the first one up the high ropes course. I was so proud of him!! Even though he opted out of the balance beam and zip line, he was very brave and did a great job.The girls blew me away. I couldn't believe how brave they were! Here is Audrey getting ready for the climb. It was HIGH!!

When she got over the balance beam and to the zip line, she decided she didn't want to continue. But by then they had already clipped her in so she didn't really have a choice. It took her a while to get up the nerve, but she finally stepped off the ledge and went for it. Wow!!
Here is Chloe taking her turn...

Up, up...
and away!!
And of course we had to take our turns, too!! I have always wanted to try this!!

Me on the balance beam.

Ryan on the zip line.

No comments: