Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011




I think this was one of the best Mother's Days I have ever had. We don't really have any traditions--no breakfast in bed, or gifts or anything of the sort, which is fine with me. I don't really need a lot of fuss. My kids' sweet expressions of love mean more to me than anything else. They were hysterical this year!!

The girls brought home these little books from school about how their mom wears many different hats. Here are a few of Audrey's pages (with translations--her spelling is somewhat creative):

"My mom is a cook. I love it when she makes spaghetti and meatballs. We don't eat it most of the time."


In this one Audrey's illustration included Kirby pooping. Nice. I asked her why she drew a picture of the dog pooping on my Mother's Day card and she said she had messed up and was trying to cover it up...with poop.

And here is my favorite...

"My mom is a sanitation worker. When she sees my room she says, 'Clean your room, Audrey now. Get up here and clean your room. Now, Audrey, now!'"
Um, really??
Mother of the Year, right here.

Here is another one she did on her own...


"I love you. You watch me so I don't get stolen. Love, Audrey."

Isaac had the idea to help the kids write letters on the computer because, as he put it, "I like to do things homemade." They used Google image search to find pictures they liked and then Isaac put them into a word document. Lincoln picked some interesting pictures and then insisted on typing his own message, just like the big kids. Here it is:
Align Left

I have no idea what that scientific looking thing is, but I love it! And once again, Audrey's card took the cake. That girl was on a roll this year. They searched for images of hearts and out of all the choices, this is the one Audrey chose specifically for me:


If the bleeding heart of the Virgin Mary doesn't say "Happy Mother's Day", I don't know what does!

After dinner we took a nice walk together and I even got flowers!

(and leaves and a feather!!)

I had a very happy and unforgettable Mother's Day! I hope the rest of you did, too!!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Lincoln doesn't look very happy that it's Mother's Day! I love all the pictures and feathers/leaves/weeds you got. That is very sweet! Isn't it nice to know that we both have such thoughtful, 'accurate' 1st graders? I'm afraid I might beat you out for Mother of the Year, though.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Be sure to save those cards their darling. :) And you look so beautiful!