Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The end of an era

Soccer has ended for the season. While I love going to the games and cheering for Isaac at the top of my lungs, it is always a relief when the season is over. It is SO time consuming! It will be nice to reclaim our weeknights and Saturdays...until fall soccer starts again.

The last game of the season was on Saturday and the plan was to have the team party at the park as soon as the game was over. Ryan even offered to bring our grill for a cookout. The team mom told everyone that the party was going to happen RAIN OR SHINE. So we filled our propane tank, bought all of our food, loaded up our grill, bundled up and made our way to the field. It rained the entire way there. It rained throughout the whole game. In fact, me and the three younger kids didn't even get out of the car. Lincoln and I slept. It was cold and wet and rainy. This was my view of Isaac's last soccer game...

Well, as soon as the game was over, the team mom got out of her heated car and announced that she had decided to move the party to CiCi's Pizza instead. I was not happy. All that money and time spent...and now we get to go spend more money for the worst pizza on the face of the earth?! (Admittedly, I'm a little sensitive about money right now. There was just a completely unexpected round of lay-offs at Ryan's job and his office-mate got the axe. So yeah, I'm a little nervous and antsy about spending money.)

The kids were thrilled of course--all the nasty pizza you can eat. Ryan and I didn't eat. And we didn't buy the kids drinks. So it didn't end up being that expensive.

I have to say, Isaac's coach was phenomenal this season. I can only hope to get another coach like that again. Here he is giving Isaac his trophy. (Apparently Isaac isn't a touchy-feely sort of a kid.)
But he did get in on the group hug...

Another cute, yet pricey idea the team mom had. Baskin Robbins ice cream clowns for all the kids. Her son must be an only child...

Yes, I'm cheap. I fully acknowledge and embrace that fact about myself.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey. Cheap is the only way to go. Totally agree with you on this one. On a different note, the word verification I have to type is "goonsym." Seems that that word should have a definition of some kind.